We are pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships for persons planning to attend the 2011 Library Technology Conference.
The primary purposes of this scholarship are:
- To support library technology proficiency and awareness by staff working in libraries or school media centers in rural communities and to help facilitate their attendance at the conference, and
- To encourage participation by library staff who have not previously attended the conference.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
What the scholarship will cover:
Each scholarship will cover expenses related to participating in the Library Technology Conference including conference registration (either single day or full 2-day registration fees), one night lodging at one of the conference hotels (available to scholarship applicants who live more than 60 miles from the Macalester College campus).
Criteria for consideration:
Scholarship applications can be submitted by any person wanting to attend the 2010 Library Technology Conference either for one day or for the full two-day conference and who meets at least one of the criteria listed below. Priority consideration will be given to applicants who meet all three criteria and who are from a constituency group within the library community which is under-represented at the conference.
- Attending the Library Technology Conference for the first time.
- Work in a library or school media center in a city, town, or municipality with a population under 30,000.
- Live within the primary conference region - that is, within the states of Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and North or South Dakota.
Contact Ron Joslin < email@example.com > or Ellen Holt-Werle < firstname.lastname@example.org > with any additional questions about the scholarships.