We are pleased to offer a minimum of two (2) scholarships for persons planning to attend the 2010 Library Technology Conference.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS: February 1, 2010
The primary purposes of this scholarship are:
- To support library technology proficiency and awareness by staff working in libraries or school media centers in rural communities and to help facilitate their attendance at the conference, and
- To encourage participation by library staff who have not previously attended the conference.
These scholarships are available because of a suggestion made by Dr. Anne Zarinnia, Associate Professor in the College of Education at the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater and one of this year's conference keynote presenters. Professor Zarinnia's academic research focuses on working with technology in libraries and school media centers in small, rural communities. A special thanks to her for a great suggestion!
Scholarship Application Guidelines
What the scholarship will cover:
Each scholarship will cover expenses related to participating in the Library Technology Conference including conference registration (either single day or full 2-day registration fees), one night lodging at one of the conference hotels (available to scholarship applicants who live more than 50 miles from the Macalester College campus), and up to $50 in reimbursement for related travel expenses (dated receipts must be submitted within two weeks of conference end).
Criteria for consideration:
Scholarship applications can be submitted by any person wanting to attend the 2010 Library Technology Conference either for one day or for the full two-day conference and who meets at least one of the criteria listed below. Priority consideration will be given to applicants who meet all three criteria and who are from a constituency group within the library community which is under-represented at the conference.
- Attending the Library Technology Conference for the first time.
- Work in a library or school media center in a city, town, or municipality with a population under 30,000.
- Live within the primary conference region - that is, within the states of Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and North or South Dakota.
Contact Chilton Galadriel < email@example.com > or Ellen Holt-Werle < firstname.lastname@example.org > with any additional questions about the scholarships.